Cann Mine Mine, Devon
Plymouth: grid reference SX525591
Cann Mine is located in Cann Wood on the eastern banks of the River Plym on the northeastern fringes of the city of Plymouth. It is known to have had a 25-inch pumping engine and to have been at work in the 1820's and worked adjacent to the Cann Quarry.
There are no records of production.
Other nearby mines and their main ores
Borringdon Consols (approx. 1.0 km; LEAD, SILVER, ZINC, ARSENOPYRITE & COPPER)
Sidney Mine (approx. 2.6 km; TIN & ARSENIC)
Shaugh Mine (approx. 3.5 km; IRON)
Bottle Hill (approx. 4.1 km; COPPER, TIN & ARSENIC)
Wheal Whitleigh (approx. 4.2 km; SILVER-LEAD)
Wheal Mary Hutchings (approx. 4.2 km; TIN & ARSENIC)
Lobb Mine (approx. 4.2 km; TIN & ARSENIC)
Hemerdon Consols (approx. 4.9 km; TIN, ARSENIC & ARSENOPYRITE)
Hemerdon Mine (approx. 4.9 km; TUNGSTEN & TIN)
Yeoland Consols (approx. 6.9 km; TIN)